Common problems resulting from lack of proper maintenance
Problem: Letting your brakes go without regular maintenance (not even inspections)
When you let your brakes go you can easily double or even triple the cost of a simple repair which may then include:
- Pads and rotors
- Calipers and hardware
- Shoes and drums (mostly older vehicles)
- If pads are changed before they wear out (meaning get too thin) a lot of times you will only need to turn rather than replace the rotors. If let go they will damage the rotors and they will need to be replaced.
- Shoes wearing out will cause strain on hardware causing it to wear out and break.
- Brake fluid needs to be changed at regular intervals with correct fluid.
- Calipers and rotors if not changed in pairs can cause brakes pulling left or right.
- If your A.B.S. light is on, then your A.B.S. system is not working the way it should.